Here you’ll find information on the Village of Barnwell’s municipal facilities and parks, including locations, rates, hours of operation, and contact information.
The Barnwell Library provides residents with access to books, audio books, DVD’s and other materials from over 30 libraries within the Chinook Arch Regional Library system. For more information on library hours and staff and the unique services provided by the Library, please visit the Library Page.
Willow Park is located at 508 – 2nd Street West and may be rented for reunions or large gatherings. It features a kitchen with ample counter space, sinks, stove, fridge, freezer, picnic tables, playground facility, disc golf course and skateboard park. (Please note that items such as utensils, dishes and glassware are NOT provided.)
- Full day rental: $125.00 for entire park with the disc golf course
- Part-day rental (maximum of four hours): $75.00 for entire park with the disc golf course
- Booking deposit: To hold the booking, a deposit of $25.00 per day must be paid at the time of booking. No refund will be given if cancellation occurs within one (1) month of the rental date (this includes cancellations due to inclement weather).
- Damage deposit: A damage deposit of $200.00 is required if alcohol will be served at the event. If the event is to be alcohol-free, the damage deposit is $100.00.
All fees must be paid at time of booking. (The Village reserves the right to refuse payment by cheque.)
- The park rental includes; the kitchen and concrete area, playground and some of the grassed area directly adjacent to kitchen and playground.
- If rental includes the whole park, the Village will post signs indicating it is rented, however Village staff will not be responsible for ensuring others do not enter the park. (Event holders have the right to ask them to leave and phone the police if they do not cooperate.)
- Keys must be picked up at the Village office by 4:30 p.m. on the day of booking. In the event of a weekend booking, keys must be picked up at the Village office on the last working day before the booking date.
- Keys must be returned to the Village office by the first working day following the booking. Keys may be dropped in the mail slot.
- Event holders are required to clean the facility and remove any garbage from the event. Once the facility has been inspected for cleanliness and/or damage, damage deposit funds will be refunded accordingly.
The Village also has several sets of golf discs for rent. These discs must be booked in advance and may be rented with a $25.00 deposit for a set of two (2) discs. This deposit will be refunded in full when the discs are returned without damage. Please note that Frisbees may also be used on this course, but are lightweight and more difficult to control.
Note: Rates are subject to change without notice
Kenneth P. Anderson Memorial Park
This park is located at 1304 – 1st Street West and has a baseball diamond designed for Youth (Little League) baseball. The park also has a playground facility.
This park is located at 117 – 6 Avenue East. It is a beautiful park with an abundance of shade trees, a few picnic tables and benches. Heritage Park is the perfect place to sit and relax!